Sunday 1 November 2015

Part One

T H E  F I R S T  D A Y: Tuesday 24 February

            I would like to focus more clearly and clarify my thoughts.  I love to write

about all sorts of ideas, but a defined subject keeps eluding my train of thought which

ebbs and flows like the many atmospheric gases that we all breathe in our daily lives.

            What would it be like to live and exist on a space station, suspended in an

ominous vacuum like a tiny puppet on a string?  This idea struck me as an exciting

one when I was considerably younger and happily striving for the unattainable status

of Elite© in the famous 1980s PC space trading game.  Even now, because of this

wonderful teenage experience the much lamented strains of Strauss’ famous ‘Blue

Danube’ Waltz swim into the silent and singing part of my mind whenever I see a

space station on the television, rotating slowly in the void of space, monitoring the

Great Unknown.

            I can remember in vivid detail how difficult it was to dock my spaceship

in the game and I resolved to carry on striving and fighting until I could afford

to install a docking computer which made things a lot easier and my Elite© adventure

unfolded  before me.  A bit like life in fact.

            I have been to work again today and neither saw nor heard anything new

or remarkable, or perhaps I was just not looking?  Work and exist is all that life seems

to be at times, or do I just need to keep my mind open to all the little things that

may actually be the keystones of the foundations of all life upon which the larger and

more clumsy edifices grow and prosper?

            One thing I do know though, and it is that humans generally talk much

twaddle that can be very amusing to the ear.  Just like the continuity of my space station

this makes me more resolved to be honest, open and true to myself and not to believe


any of the twaddle until it actually transpires.


No comments:

Post a Comment